As we see the country moving into a phase where we learn to live with Coivd 19 and it's variants, we want to remember that many people remain vulnerable to infection. Therefore we ask that anyone attending any HTL activity:
- remains mindful of the symptoms
- does not attend if you think you might have Covid
- keeps up with good hygiene: regular hand washing/sanitising
- respects those who wish to continue to wear a mask
- has a negative lateral flow test before attending. You can currently still get tests from Di (By appointment) at Helena Lane
Hands Together LUDLOWHelpline: 01584 817 250
The Helpline is manned from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Messages are recorded at all other times and are checked regularly. We will reply as soon as possible.
You can call for any help or support you may need, to book a seat at our Community Lunch on a Tuesday or Afternoon Tea and Cake events on Wednesdays; to find out more about the Men's Shed or any of our other activities.
What have we achieved this year? Click below to see a picture of what we have ALL done for Ludlow.
We are very grateful for the donations made to the Ludlow Rotary Tree of Light this Christmas. The Book of Remembrance from this appeal can be downloaded here
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE
The primary aim of Hands Together LUDLOW is to provide aid for the vulnerable in and around the town of Ludlow in Shropshire, recognising that existing charities and statutory agencies are increasingly under pressure themselves due to financial restraints.
We work through three parallel streams of activity:
1. Networking with existing providers,
2. Coordinating volunteers to provide short-term assistance,
3. Establishing projects to meet longer term needs.
Partnership working is foundational to the collaborative thinking behind all we do.
The following Charitable Purposes statement summarise the work of Hands Together LUDLOW:
• The relief of people in need by reason of youth, old age, ill health, loneliness, dysfunctional relationships, disability or financial hardship, living in Ludlow and the surrounding villages.
A secondary purpose, or method of achieving the primary purpose, could be defined as follows:
• The advancement of community development and the promotion of effective and efficient use of existing charitable resources by building a network of volunteers linking to caring agencies and local businesses in order to fill gaps of provision where they occur.
Most of our clients are referred to us by our partner agencies, charities and local organisations. We then aim to find the most appropriate organisation to help, or we use one of our team of volunteers to provide short-term assistance.
If you need help please contact us.
There are many opportunities for volunteering with Hands Together LUDLOW. We need assistance with running some of our projects and establishing new ones, as well as volunteering to help those in need of short-term help. This can include occasional transport, befriending, shopping, IT support, cooking, de-cluttering, gardening, etc.