30th November 2021
The following is the list of settings where face coverings are required:
- shops and supermarkets (places that offer goods or services for retail sale or hire)
- shopping centres (malls and indoor markets)
- auction houses
- post offices, banks, building societies, credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs and money service businesses
- estate and letting agents
- premises providing personal care and beauty treatments (barbers, hair salons, tattoo and piercing studios, nail salons and massage centres)
- premises providing veterinary services
- retail galleries
- retail travel agents
- takeaways without space for consumption of food or drink on premises
- public transport (aeroplanes, trains, trams, buses, coaches and ferries), taxis and private hire vehicles
- transport hubs (airports, rail and tram stations and terminals, maritime ports and terminals, bus and coach stations and terminals)
- any car or small van during a professionally delivered driving lesson and practical driving test
- during all HGV lessons and tests, during all professional driving lessons and formal driving tests, and during any practical test for giving driving instruction
The Ludlow COVID-19 PCR testing site is still at the Eco Park. You can book a test oneline via this link:
If you have any of these 3 coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, even if mild, use this service to get a PCR test as soon as possible:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
Lateral Flow Tests
All adults should still be doing lateral flow tests twice a week. You can still pick them up from Ludlow Library and also now from Helena Lane Community Centre when attending HTL events there.
Many of the people we work with fall into the 'vulnerable' category and it's important we keep everyone safe. Therefore, we are still asking that when you attend Hands Together Ludlow events and activities you:
- Take a lateral flow test before attending.
- Wear a mask when in shared transport and until you sit at a table to eat or drink.
- Don’t come if you have any Covid symptoms.
- Wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser.
- Don’t forget to have your vaccine booster.
Hands Together LUDLOW is still running our Helpline on:
01584 817 250
The Helpline is manned from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Messages are recorded at all other times and are checked regularly. We will reply as soon as possible.
You can call for any help or support you may need, to book a seat at our Community Lunch on a Tuesday or Afternoon Tea and Cake events on Wednesdays; to find out more about the Men's Shed or any of our other activities.
What have we achieved this year? Click below to see a picture of what we have ALL done for Ludlow.
We are very grateful for the donations made to the Ludlow Rotary Tree of Light this Christmas. The Book of Remembrance from this appeal can be downloaded here.
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE
The primary aim of Hands Together LUDLOW is to provide aid for the vulnerable in and around the town of Ludlow in Shropshire, recognising that existing charities and statutory agencies are increasingly under pressure themselves due to financial restraints.
We work through three parallel streams of activity:
1. Networking with existing providers,
2. Coordinating volunteers to provide short-term assistance,
3. Establishing projects to meet longer term needs.
Partnership working is foundational to the collaborative thinking behind all we do.
The following Charitable Purposes statement summarise the work of Hands Together LUDLOW:
• The relief of people in need by reason of youth, old age, ill health, loneliness, dysfunctional relationships, disability or financial hardship, living in Ludlow and the surrounding villages.
A secondary purpose, or method of achieving the primary purpose, could be defined as follows:
• The advancement of community development and the promotion of effective and efficient use of existing charitable resources by building a network of volunteers linking to caring agencies and local businesses in order to fill gaps of provision where they occur.
Most of our clients are referred to us by our partner agencies, charities and local organisations. We then aim to find the most appropriate organisation to help, or we use one of our team of volunteers to provide short-term assistance.
If you need help please contact us.
There are many opportunities for volunteering with Hands Together LUDLOW. We need assistance with running some of our projects and establishing new ones, as well as volunteering to help those in need of short-term care. This can include occasional transport, befriending, shopping, IT support, cooking, de-cluttering, gardening, etc.