The Technology Group has been set up to identify the issues raised by an increasing reliance on Information Technology, especially as it affects those who have little or no experience of using computers.
• To make access to on-line services easy, routine and ‘fear-free’.
• To provide aid and assistance using existing resources wherever possible:
- Facilitate client friendly IT training sessions and drop-in sessions for completion of on-line forms (e.g. Universal Credit).
- Advice on personal information and passwords.
- Create procedures and guidance for IT security and Data Protection issues.
- Recruit and train advisors in common business processes.
• Identify and signpost sources of technology trouble-shooting, purchase and repair, in the private and public sector.
• Publicise these measures in a way that can be easily located and accessed by people in need.