LONELINESS & DEMENTIA GROUP
The Loneliness & Dementia Group has been set up with the following aims:
• To identify those who are isolated and in need, especially those suffering the effects of dementia.
• To attempt to understand the root causes of loneliness and isolation, and develop a strategy to alleviate these problems.
• To set up a network of befrenders using existing resources where available.
• To provide aid and assistance by signposting existing resources (eg. luncheon clubs), making referrals to partner organisations, using volunteers and an advocacy advisor.
• To publicise these measures in a way that can be easily located and accessed.
• To investigate the needs of carers to ensure that they get the support they need.
As this work develops and increases the Loneliness & Dementia Group will look into the possibility of engaging the services of a dedicated coordinator to work alongside other key staff members of Hands Together LUDLOW.