The Food Group has been set up with the following aims:
• To encourage the formation of Lunch Clubs providing inexpensive, tasty and nutritious food at different locations and times during the working week, by linking in with existing schemes as appropriate.
• To develop an efficient means of advertising and mapping these lunch clubs and similar community services.
• To promote a wider public understanding of healthy eating to groups of all ages by cooking inexpensive, tasty and nutritious meals in partnership with local organisations, food producers, and suppliers ranging from local farmers to major supermarkets.
• To help those in need to access inexpensive, tasty food and minimise food waste.
• To investigate the potential for creating youth employment and work experience opportunities providing meals for lunch clubs.
As this work develops and increases the Food Group will look into the possibility of engaging the services of a professional Food Services Manager.